Mac n’ Cheese Bites
- 1 box (225g) Bentilia Elbow Pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and continue whisking until flour is fully mixed with butter.
- Slowly pour the milk, little at a time, while continuously whisking.
- Simmer for about 2-3 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Stir in seasonings and cheeses and continue stirring until everything is melted and evenly combined and smooth.
- Add cooked pasta in the pot with the cheese sauce and toss well.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and then add breadcrumbs.
- Using an ice cream scoop, or regular spoon, add mac & cheese to the muffin pan and press down firmly.
- Top with more cheese and breadcrumbs and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.