Vegan alla Genovese
- 2box (16oz) Bentilia10 ziti pasta
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Celery, diced
- ½ Carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2/3 cup White wine
- 2 Yellow onions, sliced
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. Fresh marjoram leaves, chopped
- 1 Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot, add mushrooms and cook 5-6 minutes. Remove cooked mushrooms and set aside;
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add celery, carrots, cooked mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, bay leaf and white wine. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes;
- Add sliced onions. Reduce heat to medium. Cover pot and cook 30 minutes without stirring;
- After 30 minutes, stir, cover and cook another 30 minutes. If the sauce reduces too much, add vegetable broth or water.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the Ziti and cook 8-9 minutes as you would your regular pasta.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, toss and serve.